Access via SCP/SFTP
To transfer data to and from your home directory, using a client that supports the SCP/SFTP tranfer protocols, connect to the server sshgate.cs.uni-paderborn.de and log in with your IMT credentials or Kerberos ticket.
The IMT provides a detailled guide for WinSCP. To access Computer Science Accounts, use the server sshgate.cs.uni-paderborn.de instead of the server nfs-gate.uni-paderborn.de given in the guide.
The platform-independant FTP/SFTP Client can be used to establish reach your home directory using the following steps:
- Select 'File' > 'Server Manager'
- Click "New Server" and enter any alias for the connections. (z.B. Uni Home)
- Enter the hostname sshgate.cs.uni-paderborn.de ein.
- Select 'SFTP' as the protocol, and 'Normal' as the connection type.
- Use your IMT credentials for user and password. Your setting should look as shown below.
- Click connect to save the data for later use, and connect to our server. The left window shows local data, the right one the data in your UPB home directory. Drag and drop files between the windows to transfer them.
Next time you would like to connect, select the remebered connection from the 'Site Manager''.
Further information is provided on the IMT Support pages for Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Access via samba
Samba also allows accessing your home directory. The access path for this is:
Further information is avaliable in the IMT support pages.
NOTE: Access via samba is only possible from within the university. A VPN may be used to allow remote access.
Linux users can mount samba paths as the root user:
mount -t cifs -o domain=ad,username=<Username> //fs-cifs.uni-paderborn.de/home <Path>
e.x. mount -t cifs -o domain=ad,username=mustermann //fs-cifs.uni-paderborn.de/home /mein/ziel/pfad
Credentials will need to be provided before the mount completes.
To mount the Linux home directory (a child directory of the user home directory), specify the complete path:
mount -t cifs -o domain=ad,username=<Benutzername> //fs-cifs.uni-paderborn.de/home/profiles/unix/cs <Zielverzeichnis>
Simply provide the access path in Windows Explorer, and enter your IMT credentials when prompted.
Note: Prepend "AD\" or "ad\" to your user name; e.x.: "AD\mustermann".
To mount the Windows home directory (a child directory of the user home directory), use the following acces path:
Information is provided in the IMT Support Pages.