The 2nd GI/ITG KuVS Fachgespräch Network Softwarization
Paderborn University, September 24/25, 2018 (tentative date)
The notion of "network softwarization" has gained significant traction over the last few years, providing an umbrella term for separate yet complementary approaches like software-defined networking (SDN), network function virtualization (NFV), but also techniques like reconfigurable radio systems. It is considered a pivotal concept for the evolution of the Internet, 5G mobile networks, as well as data centre networks.
This workshop continues its first iteration intends to bring together researchers from various perspectives, ranging from hardware architectures that enable softwarization (e.g., FPGAs in mobile fronthauls), over suitable network architectures (e.g., the relationship of virtualization and slicing), to suitable software engineering concepts (e.g., DevOps for softwarized networks). We invite interested participants from both academic and industrial backgrounds.
Possible topics hence include, but are not limited to:
- SDN/NFV architectures
- Adjacent technologies like hardware enables or DevOps
- Use cases and business models for SDN/NFV
- SDN/NFV in unconventional scenarios
- SDN/NFV integration with legacy networks (hybrid SDN)
- SDN/NFV testbeds and emulation platforms
- Dependability concepts for softwarized concepts
- Performance and scalability, flexibility
- Monitoring, SLAs, policing in softwarized networks
- Security for and by softwarized networks
- Teaching activities
- Deployment and standardization reports
For more information, please contact the organizers.
This event is proudly co-sponsored by GI/ITG KuVS and SFB 901 On-the-fly computing.