- Cloud Computing becomes distributed: bring processing closer to customer
- Networks perform functions on data streams: middleboxes, firewalls, load balancers, video transcoding, ...
- Both already heavily rely on or current embrace virtualization techniques
- This PG will look at questions, opportunities, challenges, approaches to combine these two aspects.
You should like: networking, systems aspects, programming, system development, Linux.
Lectures: You must have participated in the Bachelor lectures Rechnernetze/Computer Networks (or equivalent); it is highly recommended that you participated in Verteilte Systeme/Distributed Systems.
This project group is organized by the Computer Networks group (Prof. Karl) and takes place in the context of the SFB 901.
- 2015-02-03: Introduction slides [PDF]