The KoI project is funded by the Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung (BMBF) and is a collaboration between academia and industry to develop a wireles communication concept for industrial environments.
In particular, the project aims to tackle the following challenges:
- Very high requirements regarding latency, jitter, reliability and their respective combinations in different scenarios.
- Very dense deployment of communication entities.
- Utilization of heterogenous radio access technologies, i,e., a systematic combination of already available, enhancements and novel technologies.
- Challenging channel requirements due to inadequate channel properties in the envisogned scnearios. In addition, high signal interference caused by intra system interference or coexistance with other radio technolgiies using the same band.
- Utilization of different bands in the frequency spectrum.