Credit points that students earn at a different university before signing up at the University of Paderborn can be accredited if they correspond to similar credit point requirements in the Computer Science Department at Paderborn. The first recommended step is to list all of the credit points acquired at the original home university and present this list to the Examination Committee.
Then, to have the credit points officially recognized, you must submit a filled out request form (downloaded as a PDF file) to the Head of the Examination Committee. To submit the request, we recommend that you visit the office of the Head of the Examination Committee during normal office hours and bring the following required documents:
- The request form for credit point recognition (filled out as completely as possible)
- For credit points completed elsewhere than in Paderborn
- An official transcript of the transfer credits (original or certified copy), printed by the home university’s examination office
- If possible, documents that provide course descriptions for the transfer credits that should be accredited, or a list of corresponding links to Internet pages that provide the course descriptions
- Additional requirements for transfer credits acquired abroad
- A certified translation of all certificates written in languages other than German or English
- A certificate from the Foreign Studies Office stating the possibility of accreditation for the transfer credits acquired at the foreign university
After all of the required documents are presented, accreditation of the transfer credits can be granted immediately and passed on to the Examination Office. If you are not certain whether or to what extent your credit points can be transferred, please do not hesitate to visit the Examination Office during the normal scheduled consultation hours.