Premaster Course Algorithms 1
Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Christian Scheideler
Time and Location:
- Mo, 18-20, room F1.110, April 8 - May 20
Oral exam on the contents of the course.
The course is organized as a reading class based on the following book
Thomas H. Cormen, Charles E. Leiserson, Ronald L. Rivest, and Clifford Stein. Introduction to Algorithms (Third Edition), MIT Press, 2009.
The participants are expected to have access to this book so that they can prepare for the lectures. We will cover the following chapters during the course:
- April 8: Chapters 1-4 (Introduction and Runtime Analysis)
- April 15: Chapters 6-7 (Sorting)
- April 29: Chapters 10-12 (Elementary Data Structures, in pdf and ppt)
- May 6: Chapters 22-23 (Basic Graph Algorithms, in pdf and ppt)
- May 13: Chapters 24-25 (Shortest Paths, in pdf and ppt)
- May 20: Chapter 26 (Network Flow)