Advanced Algorithms (in English)
Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Christian Scheideler
- 6 ECTS Credits
For those students that just want to take the 4 ECTS variant of the course: only the contents taught till the June 22 will be relevant for the exam. Please inform the lecturer if you want to make use of this option.
Time and Location:
- Lectures: Fr 11-14, F1.110
- Tutorials: Fr 14-16, F1.110
On July 6, the tutorial will not take place, but the lecture will take place.
To be announced. There might be a written exam if by the end of May there are still more than 30 attendees, but the default would be an oral exam.
The course will cover advanced topics on randomized algorithms.
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Introductory Examples
- Chapter 3: Online Algorithms
- Chapter 4: Randomized Rounding
- Chapter 5: Probability Amplification
- Chapter 6: Randomized Metric Reduction
- Chapter 7: Lowdimensional Optimization
- Chapter 8: Approximate Counting
- Assignment 1 (due April 20)
- Assignment 2 (due April 27)
- Assignment 3 (due May 4)
- Assignment 4 (due May 11)
- Assignment 5 (due May 18)
- Assignment 6 (due May 25)
- Assignment 7 (due June 1)
- Assignment 8 (due June 15)
- Assignment 9 (due June 29)
- Assignment 10 (due June 13)
A bonus of 0.3 points can be obtained if a solution to a homework problem is presented in one of the tutorials. The bonus only applies if the exam is passed.