Premaster Course Algorithms 1
Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Christian Scheideler
Time and Location:
- Mo, 18-20, room F1.110, April 9 - May 28
Oral exam on the contents of the course.
The course is organized as a reading class based on the following book
Thomas H. Cormen, Charles E. Leiserson, Ronald L. Rivest, and Clifford Stein. Introduction to Algorithms (Third Edition), MIT Press, 2009.
The participants are expected to have access to this book so that they can prepare for the lectures. We will cover the following chapters during the course:
- April 9: Chapters 1-4 (Introduction and Runtime Analysis)
- April 16: Chapters 6-7 (Sorting)
- April 23: Chapters 10-12 (Elementary Data Structures)
- April 30: Chapters 15-16 (Dynamic Programming and Greedy Algorithms)
- May 7: Chapters 22-23 (Basic Graph Algorithms)
- May 14: Chapters 24-25 (Shortest Paths)
- May 28: Chapter 26 (Network Flow)