Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Christian Scheideler
- Modules III.2.1, III.2.2, and III.2.4
- 4 ECTS
Time and Location:
- Lecture: Thu, 2-4 pm, F2.211
- Tutorial: Thu, 10-11 am, F2.211 (starts 3rd week)
The course will give an introduction into advanced concepts in the area of distributed algorithms and data structures, ranging from access control and synchronization to overlay networks and various applications.
The grade will be determined as follows:
- 50%: oral exam
- 50%: software project
Both parts must be passed in order to pass the course. The deadline for the presentation of the software project is April 28.
- A survey of the programming environment can be found here.
- The virtual machine for the implementations can be downloaded here.
- The script for installing the environment under Ubuntu can be found here.
If there are any questions, please contact Thorsten Götte.
The lecture will be based on state-of-the-art research, so there is no bock available for the lecture. However, the slides will contain references to the research papers they are based on.