In the event "project group", a group of usually 8–16 students works on a topic assigned to them by the group's supervisor, over the period of twelve months (two semesters). At this, teamwork and organization required for the project are learned and tested practically, in order to prepare students for future professional practice. Contentwise, project groups should introduce students to current research topics. For students this involves that a project group's participant is predestined to adopt a master's thesis from the concerned domain. Particulars can be learned from the guidelines for project groups
- The project group can only be started when the bachelor's degree has been successfully completed. The Bachelor's degree is successfully completed, when all examinations have been passed and the 4.0 confirmation is handed over to the examination secretariat by 31 March for the summer term and by 30 September for the winter term.
- The project group can only be started when the enrollment in the master's degree course has been completed. Students of the bachelor's program, who reach the 4.0 confirmation or examinations only on the 31st of March and on the 30th of September, must therefore enroll for the Master's degree course in the relevant period of the change of studies.
How to get a project group?
Method to match students to project groups
- Phase1: PAUL registration
February 11 – 17, only one week!
- Phase 2: Assignments & Preferences
February 21 – March 20
- Phase 3: Stable Marriage
March 21 – 26
- Phase 4: Notification & Decision
March 27 – April 5
Details on the procedure of the individual phases can be found here.