Seminar: Advanced Software Engineering Concepts
This is a joint seminar given by Prof. Dr. Gregor Engels, Chair of Database and Information System, and Dr. Matthias Meyer, Department Head of Software Engineering and IT Security at the Fraunhofer IEM.
Since we had a few request, here is some additional information on the selection process:
In case of questions, please contact Dennis Wolters
For the Seminar Advanced Software Engineering Concepts we are facing the problem that we have over 150 applicants but only 15 slots. Therefore, we decided that only those students, which have 4 or more master semesters (which are still over 50) are invited to the kickoff on April 2, 2019 at 13:00 in F1.110. At the beginning of the kickoff, we will present the seminar topics, each student has to name topics she/he would like to work on, and then we draw lots who will get a topic. Only students present at the kickoff and with 4 or more master semesters will be considered for topics when we draw lots. We are sorry that we had to apply these restrictions.
|2019-03-11||The kick-off meeting will be on April 2, 2019 starting 13:00 in Room F1.110.|
|2019-03-06||The website is online. More information on the seminar will be available soon.|
Every participant has the following tasks:
1. Submit written outline and initial literature overview for the selected topic
2. Short presentation of topic and task (May 14, 2019)
- The short presentation should ensure that every participant understood the selected topic/task and gets feedback intermediate feedback.
3. Long presentation of your seminar work (July 11+12, 2019)
4. Submission seminar thesis (multiple submissions at different stages - see important dates)
5. Presence in all meetings and obeying of all deadlines (see important dates)
6. Review of two other seminar theses
- At the beginning of the review phase each student receives two preliminary versions of theses on other seminar topics which should be reviewed.
7. Active participation in the discussions