- At the International Conferences of Software Engineering (ICSE) in 2000 in Limerick, there were a special track on the "Future of Software Engineering". Here, different renowned researchers in the field of Software Engineering were asked to give an overview on the state of the art in their research domain and to describe a kind of research roadmap for the next years.
- The goal of this seminar is to study these papers which were written more than 20 years ago and to understand, what have been the main open issues identified at that time. After having summarized this in your seminar work, you are asked to pick some research questions and to find out which new research contributions of the last 20 years provide (partial) answers to those research questions.
- Date: Thursday, 13th April 2023, 13:15
- Room: ZM2.A.00.07
- Participation at the initial meeting is mandatory for this seminar.
List of Topics:
- Topic 1: Requirements engineering: a roadmap
- Topic 2: Reverse engineering: a roadmap
- Topic 3: Testing: a roadmap
- Topic 4: Software architecture: a roadmap
- Topic 5: Object-oriented modeling: a roadmap
Dates and Deadlines:
|13.04.2023||Meeting: Initial meeting/ Topic selection / group building|
|Week 17, 2023||Appointment with GE, Choice of detailed research Topics|
|14.05.2023||Deadline: Submission of the initial paper|
|16.06.2023||Deadline: Submission of the final paper (for review)|
|19.06.2023, 13:15 - 14:45||Lecture Review Skills, Review assignments, ZM2.A.00.07|
|30.06.2023||Deadline: Review submission|
|28.06. and 29.06.2023||Practice Presentation (Appointment with GE)|
|05.07. and 06.07.2023||Meeting: Final presentation, ZM2.A.00.07|
|23.07.2023||Deadline: Submission of the camera-ready paper|
ICSE '00: Proceedings of the Conference on The Future of Software Engineering
In case of questions, do not hesitate to contact Prof. Dr. Gregor Engels.