The LZI mailing list is used by the Learning Center for Computer Science to distribute important news, event notices, etc. related to computer science studies at the University of Paderborn. Only the management of the Learning Center and associated SHKs/WHBs will post to this list. To be added to this mailing list, you can easily register yourself. Please follow the following link and fill out the prepared form: Here you can subscribe.
Study centre computer science (LZI)
The study centre for computer science helps improving study conditions by being part of the program “Heterogenität als Chance” (“Heterogeneity as an opportunity”) within the quality pact for teaching.
It offers a place for collective and individual learning for all students in computer science at the university Paderborn.
For questions concerning computer science studies or learning- and working methods staff will be available at certain times.
It is also possible to arrange personal appointments for individual problems!
You have a specific request you want to discuss with someone from the study centre? Contact us! We answer requests in German and English.
The study centre computer science offers:
- Two rooms with space for working, studying and debating (room E1.121 and E1.125)
- A good working environment with a whiteboard, PC-equipment, etc.
- Connections to the student union e.g. contacts, old exams and minutes of the examination
- Tipps and tricks for optimizing your study-day
- Regular seminars and workshops in studies-related topics (see link for current events down below)
- PANDA course with discussion forum, information about office hours and other useful links about studying computer science: https://panda.uni-paderborn.de/course/view.php?id=38193
The LZI Metaverse
The LZI has been awarded the “Förderpreis der Lehre” and we now have the opportunity to set up our own Metaverse as a common meeting place and for digital teaching and learning. There will be places for socializing and places for learning communities in a digital open world.
I'd like to say, "Get your avatars ready!" but before we get started, there's a lot to do and the LZI relies on your support. Please visit the Metaverse details page and see what it's all about and what needs to be done. Feel free to contact me with your ideas and feedback.
For consultation hours and personal appointments contact Dietrich Gerstenberger: 05251 – 606611
You can find us in our study centre bureau:
Institut für Informatik, Fürstenallee 11, room F2.201
- Scientific working (only available in German)
- Scientific Working (english)
- Method of proof (only available in German)
- Mentoring Program for international master students (english)
- Learning to learn
- LZI Workshops in winter-term 2022/23
- Design Thinking (mindsquare, 12.12.2022, 16:30 – 18:30, in presence)
- Creative Coding (LZI, on 07.12. + 14.12. + 21.12. each 14:00 – 16:00 Uhr, in the "Bierpool")
- 3D Modellierung in Blender (Gameslab, multi-day, as of end of February 2023)
- Important Links