We offer two dates for a 90 minute written exam at the end of the term. The dates are going to be announced here.
- First exam date: August 13th, 9:00-10:30, Room: Lecture hall O1
- Second exam date: September 28th, 9:00-10:30, Room: P5 2.01
Allowed auxiliary material for the exam
For the exam, you may bring (blue/black) pens and one double-sided sheet of A4 paper (or two single-page sheets) with your own handwritten notes.
No additional material is allowed for the exam. In particular, you are not allowed to bring a calculator.
You are required to have handed in one essay graded pass or excellent in order to participate in the exam.
Exam grade bonus
By participating in the exercises, you can gain up to two bonus grade steps (e.g., improve your grade from 2,3 to 1,7). The bonus only applies if you pass the exam.
For this, we apply a point system as follows:
- If you have gathered 2 points at the end of the course, you'll get 1 bonus grade step.
- If you have gathered 3 points at the end of the course, you'll get 2 bonus grade steps.
You can gather points as follows:
- 1 point for achieving at least 60% of all possible homework points.
- 1 additional point for achieving at least 80% of all possible homework points.
- 1 point for an excellent essay.
- 1 point for a good presentation.
You can profit at most once from each bullet point. For example, if you've already gained a point by handing in an excellent essay, you cannot gain another one by handing in a second essay. Hence there is a maximum of four points to be gained. Details on each of the possibilities to gain points can be found below.